A new year is a great time to enhance your home and its value with quality windows. It can be a little overwhelming to know which style to choose, so we’re sharing 5 great window style options for 2018.
1. Large Windows and/or Transom Windows
What better way to open up your space and transform your home than large, beautiful windows! Did you know that Next Door & Window can install a window where there wasn’t one before? So if there’s a place in your home that would be perfect for a window update, we can help you achieve that dream. However, know that you have multiple options. Maybe you do want more open space but don’t have the room or budget for large windows? Try adding transom window accents into the mix. Transom windows are great for letting in more natural light and fresh air, or they can simply be aesthetic and stationary. Grouping multiple windows together can also create the illusion of a larger space and add distinct architectural interest to your home.
2. Slider Windows
Simply put, slider windows open horizontally instead of vertically, which makes them a great option for small spaces, low walls, or the elderly. Another great way to use a slider window is as a pass-through window, connecting one room in your home to another. One of the most common uses is opening up the kitchen to the outside deck. It’s a unique way to open up your space and stay connected to your party!
3. Bow or Bay Windows
Want to add dimension and make your home more spacious? Try adding a bow or bay window! We can assure you these beautiful windows will change the whole feel of the room. Bow or Bays also add value and appeal to your home. Bays usually consist of three windows sharply angled and connected together as they protrude from your home. They’re a good fit for more modern styles. Bow windows are similar, but have up to six windows and connect in a curvier way. Bonus? You can add a bench and turn it into the perfect reading nook.
4. Black Window Frames
Though it’s key to choose long-lasting, quality windows, we can’t forget that choosing the right look is also important. Black window frames are trending this year, and we really love the look. It’s a simple way to add elegant drama to any room, and they can be made of almost any material. Check out some of these inspiring photos and let us know if black window frames are in your home’s future.
5. Energy Efficient Windows
Energy efficiency is always in style. What homeowner wouldn’t want to save money on their energy bills and make sure that drafts aren’t coming in through the windows? Our top-quality windows come equipped with modern features such as low-emissivity coated glass that help to improve the energy efficiency of your home. Many of our energy efficient windows also have insulated frames that provide structural integrity and boost thermal performance. All of our windows can be energy efficient so we have a lot of options when it comes to saving energy, and you can learn more about them in our FAQ section.
So, whatever your vision is Next Door & Window can help you with making it come to life! Click HERE to schedule your free consultation.
pin for later
Our friends at Therma-Tru Doors have written a great article on increasing curb appeal. Replacement doors always update your home’s look. These are easy changes to increase your home’s value.
This is a sample of what they have written:
“Whether you’re remodeling, getting ready to sell or building a new home, curb appeal is important. It’s how appealing your home looks from the curb not only to interested buyers, but also to your neighbors, friends and of course you!
One of the easiest and most important ways to increase your home’s curb appeal is with a new entry door. When you update, replace or improve your entry, you can increase your home’s perceived value by $18,750 on average*!
Entry door replacement consistently ranks among the most valuable remodeling projects in Remodeling magazine’s “Cost vs. Value Report,” which evaluates remodeling costs and resale value to determine which projects will give you the greatest return on your investment.**”
Read the rest of Therma-Tru’s article here
Next Door and Window has boards full of inspiration photos on our Pinterest page. Follow our most recent board to update your Fall themed entryway!
Schedule your appointment today for a free quote!
Let Next Door and Window take your home to the next level!
Next Door & Window will be host their first Stix and Stones Giveaway at the Burr Ridge showroom. The event will take place on August 1-10, 2017. Next Door & Window is a family owned business that started back in 1947. Guests can come into the Burr Ridge showroom anytime during normal business hours to fill out an entry form for the giveaway. Three lucky winners will win 5 (five) $5.00 Stix & Stones bucks (totaling $25 in Stix & Stones bucks for each winner). The drawing will be held on August 10th at 1p.m. There is no purchase necessary to enter the giveaway.
NEXT Door & Window offers a wide range of window and door products including Marvin, Integrity, Infinity, and Sunrise. Through its dedicated team of sales and installation professionals, NEXT Door & Window will continue to offer the best overall value on the market. A strong culture of training and education continues today to offer the most innovative energy-efficient products.
While guests stop in to fill out an entry form, they are welcome to grab something to drink and browse our showroom. This giveaway is exclusive to our Burr Ridge showroom, but we do have two other showrooms.
Next Door and Window
16W240 83rd Street, Burr Ridge, IL 60527 630.323.6398
Next Door and Window
815 East Ogden Avenue, Naperville, IL 60563 630.355.0277
Next Door and Window
718 East Rand Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004 847.398.8624
If you have any questions about the upcoming event, please feel free to contact us. The event can be found on our Facebook Event Page as well.
When it comes to window replacement, it’s important to choose a reliable contractor who will do the job right the first time. Your new windows, after all, will only perform at their best with flawless installation. In addition, this will help you in making an informed decision so you can enjoy the long-term benefits of your investment. Before you sign a contract, be sure to ask the following to your contractor:
- How Long Have You Been in the Business? While everyone has to start somewhere, below four years in the business may indicate instability. References may come in handy to verify this. Keep in mind that industry experience can show a significant difference in the results you’ll get. At NEXT Door and Window, we take pride in having 60 years of experience. With our extensive skills and knowledge, we’ll deliver impressive outputs for your project.
- Do You Have Any References? Aside from verifying credentials, you can measure a contractor’s performance based on their business reviews. This will let you know what to expect in case you decide to hire them. Ask for their list of recent customers over the last 12 months. There’s no need to call them all, as randomly picking a few will already give you an idea of their reputation.
- What Products Will You Recommend? As your trusted contractor, we recommend Marvin® and Infinity®windows. They feature superior performance, energy efficiency, and beauty that will suit your needs. They also come in an array of styles, finishes, and decorative options that will complement your home’s architectural style. They are also low-maintenance, allowing you to save more from repair and upkeep costs.
- What Warranties Do You Offer? Working with a window contractor who offers warranties can give you a peace of mind that you are covered from material and workmanship flaws. They also guarantee that your windows will perform as expected for the years to come. NEXT Door and Window offers a five-year installation and labor guarantee on top of product warranties supplied by manufacturers.
When it comes to exceptional windows, NEXT Door and Window is the one you can rely on. Call us at (630)590-1207 today and we’ll be more than glad to answer your questions about our products and services. We have showrooms in Arlington Heights, Burr Ridge and Naperville.