Sales Training Manager
Under the direction of the Sales Director, the Sale Training Manager (“STM”) is responsible for training all Sales Professionals of NEXT Door and Window, at all locations. The STM will be responsible for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of training programs; conduct needs assessments, recruit, execute training, develop reinforcements and evaluate outcomes.
- Accountable for developing and implementing best recruiting practices for seeking out the most qualified of candidates to fill job vacancies within the sales department.
- Facilitating the on-boarding process and orientation of employees including first day orientation and collecting all necessary new hire documentation.
- Prepares new sales representatives by conducting orientation of the sales process; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance; scheduling orientation ride-alongs with senior representatives.
- Determines training needs by traveling with sales representatives; observing sales presentations; studying sales results reports; conferring with Sales Director.
- Develops individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources; providing coaching; conducting training sessions; developing outcome improvement resources.
- Improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
- Supports training financial objectives by recommending budget items; controlling costs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes sales training and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintains a good working inventory of display samples and all in-home sales samples.
- Collaborates with factory reps to ensure all samples, literature and pricing is current.
Skills and Qualifications:
Training, Training Management, Performance Management, Motivating Others, Providing Feedback, Coaching, Self-Development, Motivation for Sales, Self-Confidence, Sales Planning, Orienting Employees.
- Critical Thinking: The STM will have to develop or assess materials that will help employees understand the subjects being taught. Trainers will have to understand the needs of the employees and judge what will work.
- Decision Making: The STM will have to decide the best programs to train their employees and meet the needs of the organization.
- Communication Skills: The STM needs to speak and present to groups of employees, speak interpersonally with individuals, report to management and meet with vendors. They must be friendly, clear, strong speakers.
- The STM might be in charge of training staff, or need to motivate and train large groups of employees.
- Five years of Sales Management or Sales Training experience
- Two years of In-home Sales experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs and CRM navigation skills.
Why Next Door and Window?
- Competitive salaries
- Employee loyalty. Many of our employees have been with us for 10+ years
- 401K with profit sharing
- Health and Dental benefits
- Paid holidays off
- Flexible Spending account offered
- Holiday parties
- Monthly in office events
- Spirit Days
- Paid vacation that increases with seniority