The safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees, and our partners are our greatest concern. As the circumstances continue to change regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), it is our mission to ensure that we are taking the necessary precautions. We will remain flexible with each of our operations to best serve you, our valued customers.
We are open for business and you may contact us by phone, email, or text and we will answer all of your questions regarding new projects, installations, or service. All of our locations are open for business.
Virtual Online Appointments
If you are interested in discussing a new project, we can schedule an online virtual appointment today! Get expert advice from the comfort and safety of your own home. You can still get the information you need right now to keep your project moving forward.
Customers with In-Home Design Appointments
When necessary, we continue to offer in-home appointments where our Design and Energy Expert visit your home to assess the condition of your current windows and doors to provide a tailored proposal for your project. All our Design and Energy Experts are following all necessary procedures including washing and sanitizing their hands and equipment thoroughly after each appointment. Our team has been instructed to keep a proper distance from all individuals in the home. All our team members have been instructed to stay home if they are not feeling well.
Customers with Measure, Service, and Installation Appointments
The installation and service team at NEXT Door & Window has been instructed to wash their hands regularly and wash and sanitize their equipment thoroughly after each use. Plastic zip-walls are available for use during an installation.
Our service team will keep a proper distance from all individuals in the home. All installation and service technicians have been instructed to stay home if they are not feeling well.
While we are all navigating this situation, NEXT Door & Window is committed to serving you with any need that may arise. The health and safety of our customers and employees remain our top priority and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
Imagine waking up and the first thing to greet you are the warm rays of the sun through your beautiful new windows. Windows that open up your bedroom to make it feel bigger, and bring in the light to make it feel warmer and brighter, yet are energy-efficient to help you save money on your energy bill. No wonder you’re sleeping better!
At Next Door and Window, we have the perfect windows for your bedroom to offer all of this and more.
With several types to choose from, you can mix and match windows that will transform your bedroom, while providing the comfort you need. They can also seamlessly connect your bedroom to the great outdoors as they provide an inspiring, unobstructed view.
Below we are sharing the 3 best windows for your bedroom that offer valuable benefits:
1. DOUBLE-HUNG WINDOWS
Double-hung windows are a classic style that will fit perfectly in your bedroom. This type of window helps improve ventilation as it opens halfway upward, and also promotes safety while remaining open by leaving it in “vent mode”. Vent mode allows you to lock your double-hung windows into place while they are opened slightly so that your home can safely benefit from refreshing outdoor air even when you are at work or running errands.
Since double-hung windows open vertically, they are ideal for rooms that face high-traffic areas. Looking for more privacy or better views? Double-hung windows can offer the best of both worlds depending on your needs. These types of windows do not offer as much light as other window types, but it counterbalances that with better privacy.
If you’re not too hot on privacy anyway, a whole row of these windows can make for amazing views. Whichever you choose, Next Door & Window will provide a tailored experience that guarantees peace of mind.
2. BOW OR BAY WINDOWS
With bow or bay windows, you can enjoy an expansive view of the outdoors while giving the illusion of a bigger space. Ideal for small bedrooms, bow or bay windows provides extra room that you can use for other functions such as a window seat or a mini-office.
You may normally see bow or bay windows in a kitchen or living room, but if you think outside the box, they can create a little sitting nook right in your bedroom! This is perfect for those mornings when you want to pause for a bit, sit and reflect in the comfort of your own space. Plus, we take the guesswork out of the final look with our Home Visualizer tool that allows you to try on styles before buying.
These two window styles also allow you to set your own window configuration to meet your style and needs. For instance, you can include casement windows for better air ventilation or picture windows for energy efficiency. Whatever you go with, bow or bay windows can greatly open up your room, bring in the beautiful sunlight, allow for better views, and create a more functional bedroom.
Well-known for their versatility, casement windows offer the best energy efficiency for your bedroom. Due to the airtight seal between the window sash and frame that is created during installation, casement windows offer superior energy efficiency compared to other window styles. This will help lower your bills, keep you cool in the summer, and warm in the winter. Being the perfect temperature is key to a good night’s rest.
You can easily swing casement windows outward or inward to let the fresh breeze in and flood your room with natural daylight. To top it off, they’re easy to clean and fully customizable to meet your needs. Choose between round-top, push-out, in-swing designs, plus add a specific grille for an enhanced aesthetic. You dream it and we’ll help create it with the support of our Design and Energy experts.
We carry a whole range of window styles and some of the best single-name brands in the business, including Marvin, Infinity, Sunrise, and Integrity. When you call on us, we give you nothing but the quality you can rely on. Contact us here and we’ll help you pick out the best options.
We’re seeing more and more of a desire for minimal, modern home design. Homeowners are loving clean looks, more natural light, and being able to enjoy more of their own space.
Plus, with the new decade upon us, it’s a great time to reevaluate the essentials and get rid of the clutter. If you’re looking for ideas on which windows will help achieve this minimal/modern look, read on to learn what some of the best window options are.
Our casement windows offer a fresh and modern style. The clean lines and minimalistic look provides natural lighting and ventilation for your home. You can customize them with our different grille patterns for a softer look or leave it as it is for a sleek and contemporary vibe.
Casements usually have narrow frames and large glass area, letting you enjoy your views. You can also combine this style with picture windows for a broader, outside view. Whatever your vision, our Design and Energy experts are ready and excited to help you bring it to life.
Picture windows aren’t operable, meaning you cannot open or close them like sliding and casement windows. Their main purpose is to provide more light into your space, but they’re also visually beautiful windows that add a special touch to any room.
They also provide great outdoor views, thanks to their large expanses of glass. Our picture windows come in an impressive array of colors and finishes, so we are confident you’ll find one that matches your needs.
If you’d like to see how a picture window would look in your home, our experts can help you visualize this final look with our Home Visualizer tool that allows you to try on styles before buying.
Want the large glass, but with the ability to open the window? Consider sliding windows! Sliding along a track, gliding (or sliding) windows offer smooth and easy access to the fresh air outside.
You can use sliding windows in areas where you want to maximize your views, such as near your patio or garden. In addition, homes, where space is at a premium, can benefit from the space-saving features of these sliding windows, making them the perfect option for a minimalist style.
Another great option for clean lines and minimal frills are corner windows. These attractive windows give any home a modern feel and are a perfect addition to any of the windows listed above. They also stand alone just fine as you’ll see in the bathroom photo below.
Corner windows make the most of your outdoor views, creating a design focal point from both interior and exterior perspectives. This impressive window will expand your usual view and take in light from several directions making your room lighter and brighter. Plus, with its clean look, it’s perfect for minimalist design lovers.
BLACK TRIM WINDOWS
If you love minimalism, interior black trim adds more interest to an otherwise simple design. Paired with light walls, this dark outline effectively defines shapes, accentuating your windows. This is a clever trick to help your clean space make a statement.
The strong contrast between dark trim and light walls can also energize the space in your home. Its boldness allows this combination to create an eye-popping environment without adding any extra materials or decorations. It’s a popular trend for good reason, and one we hope sticks around.
Are you ready for a new, clean look to embrace your minimalist style? Call today to schedule your free appointment at 630-280-2748 or contact us HERE.
Another great year is coming to an end and we couldn’t be more excited for what’s ahead and incredibly grateful for all the door and window installations that happened this year. We worked with many amazing people and loved helping them transform their homes.
We were left inspired by the renovations, so we thought this end of the year post could be dedicated to highlighting some of our favorites in 2019 (in no particular order). If your doors or windows are in need of an upgrade, we hope this post can inspire you for 2020.
OUR FAVORITE INSTALLATIONS OF 2019
1. With the type of weather, we have in Illinois, choosing a storm door is always a good idea. Storm doors do not need to be stale. You can easily design a storm door that fits your style! We’re loving this bold blue ProVia storm door that was installed in Riverside.
2. This entryway in Plainfield came to life with the blue Albany door and decorative glass. It’s inspiring to see how something as “simple” as a front door can make such a drastic difference in the curb appeal of your home.
3. The color of this door is AMAZING! All the pieces of this project came together beautifully. This Winfield installation features an Albany door with 2 sidelites and a ProVia storm door.
4. Bay windows go beyond being an architectural accent and will add both value and curb appeal to your home. This beautiful bay was installed in Aurora. Click HERE to read more about how bay (and bow) windows can change your space.
5. Is a front door with decorative glass safe? This is a common question and a top concern for homeowners. It will ease your mind to know that the glass used for front doors is tempered, which means the material is stronger and harder to break. Shown here is a stunning ProVia Signet entry door with sidelites installed in Naperville. Read more about decorative glass and safety HERE.
6. You can’t go wrong with the classic black and white combination. This ProVia entry door with sidelites was recently installed in Naperville and makes for a grand entrance! Your entryway will be getting way more than just a makeover with our top of the line brands.
7. This ProVia entry door in Lisle is one for the books. The transformation blew us away! And as always, glad they added in a storm door to protect the beautiful new entryway.
8. If you go bigger, like these double-hung Infinity windows installed in Wheaton, you can let natural light be the main focus of the design in the room. Plus, who wouldn’t love a better view?
9. This impressive entry door was installed in Homer Glen. Nothing else changed, just the front door, but that alone completely changes the façade! This is another great example of how much a front door can add instant curb appeal.
10. This Barrington entryway got a modern update with this striking rich brown ProVia entry door. This update will boost curb appeal and provide unrivaled protection against the summer heat AND winter cold.
11. Now that’s a magnificent door installed in Naperville! Check out the detail in the decorative glass. No other words needed, this installation was a winner.
12. We had an exciting collaboration this year with Nicole Regan, lifestyle expert, and blogger, of CedarandRush.com. We helped her pick the perfect door to transform her mudroom. The results were unreal. Read more about the steps along the way and final product HERE.
13. We love the combination of dark wood with dark green siding! This ProVia Signet entry door was installed in Downers Grove and gave the home a completely new look.
14. This is a great example of a classic color combination that was taken to another level with beautiful decorative glass. This ProVia fiberglass entry door with sidelites was installed in Naperville.
15. This Infinity patio door offers a clean, sleek look that complements older and modern homes alike. It was a perfect choice for this Hinsdale home!
16. We just love this space and the double-hung windows they chose. These beauties were installed near Palatine.
17. Curious how a whole renovation looks? Check out this Genoa home and its inspiring new vinyl windows. Top of the line brands and professional installation sure does make a difference. Read more on how the remodeling and installation process works HERE.
We hope these installations inspired you as much as they did us this past year. We cut the post short because there are way too many we love! Check out our social feeds on Facebookand Instagram to see more transformations.
Remember, if it’s time to update your doors and windows, we hope you’ll consider us for the important project. Schedule your no hassle-no pressure appointment today to get started: Contact Us.
The kitchen is the heart of your home. No matter how you use the area, you will always need the right windows to provide the perfect balance between natural light and ventilation. Furthermore, prioritizing design and functionality can make your windows the room’s focal point.
Today, we wanted to share some window options and ideal styles for your kitchen to help get you started on your next remodel. Just imagine having a beautiful, updated kitchen for hosting the holidays!
Here are 5 of the best kitchen window ideas for your home.
1. FRAME YOUR STOVE WITH PICTURE WINDOWS
Today’s stoves come with attractive exhaust covers and backsplashes that add aesthetic value to your kitchen. We can help complement this feature further by installing picture windows on each side.
Picture windows are large fixed windows that offer expansive views and light. They’re also energy efficient! These windows will give you a panoramic view of the outdoors and control over the amount of ventilation in the room. It’s a win/win for your kitchen.
Pro Tip: Add a sliding patio door (like the first photo below) for floor to ceiling views. The views will help you connect with nature by bringing the outside in. Don’t have space for a sliding door? Fret not, we can add an opening that would accommodate a sliding door, even if there was not an opening there before!
2. MULTIPLY YOUR WINDOWS TO OPEN UP YOUR KITCHEN
Install multiple windows side-by-side over the kitchen sink to make dishwashing more enjoyable for anyone involved. This setup will also give you the feeling that the outdoors is connected to your kitchen area.
The extra sunlight can also increase your mood, which is an added benefit when doing chores in the kitchen. Read more about the benefits of bigger windows in our post HERE.
3. WELCOME IN THE OUTDOORS WITH SLIDER WINDOWS
Would you rather have the ability to combine the outdoors with your kitchen? Maybe you have a beautiful patio you’d like to be connected to or your view is something you want more of. Whatever the reason, slider windows are a perfect choice. These windows are also great for hosting indoor/outdoor events during warmer days!
Slider windows offer a simplified and space-saving design where swinging windows won’t work. These windows open horizontally instead of vertically, which makes them a great option for smaller kitchens. Windows that open up your space and make you feel closer to nature really are the best.
4. LET THE SUN IN WITH BAY AND BOW WINDOWS
Installing bow or bay windows in your kitchen will let you enjoy more sunlight and a picturesque view. In fact, the available space provided by these types of windows can serve as its own dining area. This will give you the chance to enjoy breakfast without having to go to the dining room.
Bay windows are impressively versatile at enhancing almost any space, but they’re particularly popular in kitchens. In most cases, they can single-handedly add a variety of functions and reinvent your cooking area in ways you never thought possible.
photo source: tedxtuj.com
photo source: billielourd.org
Another fun idea if you’d rather not do a bow or bay window is installing corner windows. You can create the same breakfast nook and still welcome in plenty of light for an overall inspiring space.
5. GO CLASSIC! CHOOSE CASEMENT WINDOWS
Casement windows remain to be ideal choices in the kitchen area. They come with a crank that will let you open them fully for more fresh air.
Installing them over countertops is a great option. Since casement windows come with a crank, they’re perfect for areas in the kitchen that are hard to reach since they’re easier to open.
Either way, you cannot go wrong with the classic look of a casement window. And as we always say, the more windows you add in, the bigger your space seems. See the photos below for inspiration.
The photo below features a picture window combined with a casement window, so you can still get fresh air but not lose the view!
At Next Door and Window, we offer a wide selection of windows that you can customize to fit your kitchen best. Our Design and Energy experts can help you visualize this final look with our Home Visualizer tool that allows you to try on styles before buying.
Whatever your kitchen window style, our experts are ready to help you design the ideal look for your home. Call today to schedule your free appointment at 630-280-2748 or contact us HERE.
*New Orders only. $5000 Maximum Savings. Expires 8/31/2020.
*Next Door and Window is neither a broker nor a lender. Financing is provided by third party lenders unaffiliated with Next Door and Window. See Offers page for full details.